This software and related documentation are proprietary to Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
NX Mach Series Industrial Design
NX® Mach Series Industrial Design software is a diverse and comprehensive set of tools that spans the product development process from concept to production surfacing, including Class A surfaces. NX Mach Series Industrial Design creates a finished product, not just a surface model.
Provides tools for creating,
modifying and analyzing free form and aesthetically pleasing surfaces and shapesAllows for conceptual models as well as for producing precisely defined surfaces, including Class A surfaces Supports the designer’s need to control surface curvature and surface transitions
Facilitates mathematically welldefined and controlled manufacturable design solutions
Provides dynamic displays of changes Delivers easy to use functionality for sophisticated designs
Provides comprehensive toolkit for design visualization
The NX Mach Series Industrial Design suite offers advanced surface design tools, analysis tools and high-end visualization capabilities specifically tailored to the needs of industrial and automotive
designers, as well as automotive stylists. These tools include all of the basic options for the initial concept stages, such as the creation and visualization of proposed designs, as well as additional tools for the production of primary and secondary surfaces. NX Mach Series Industrial Design combines surface and solid modeling tools and puts powerful traditional engineering tools on the designer’s desk.
Because of its level of integration with the entire NX Mach Series of products, NX Mach Series
Industrial Design users can take full advantage of modeling, assemblies, simulation, manufacturing and
product data management functionality. The combined strength of all of these products delivers the
most complete industrial design and advanced surfacing solution available today.
Free form modeling
NX Mach Series Industrial Design facilitates the creation of curves and surfaces that are mathematically
precise by using tools that eliminate the complexity inherent in the results. The NX Mach Series
Industrial Design suite lets users create Class-A surfaces and provides surface-to-surface continuity
controls that are suitable for the most demanding requirements, including automotive and consumer
product design, guaranteeing manufacturability.
Basic free form modeling. This complex-shape modeling application supports the creation of complex
surface and solid models. Basic free form modeling capabilities include:
• Create solids from sheets
• Basic sweeping along curves
• Proportionally developed shapes using 1, 2 and 3 rail methods
• Lofting – ruled, curve mesh, lofted shapes using standard conic methods, and meshes of points
• Special surface creation – surface extension and n-sided, bounded plane, offset
• Surface manipulation tools: surface extension and surface normal control
• Body-based trimming
• Surface trimming using curves
• Guided assistance when generating solids from sheets
• Advanced filleting capabilities – circular and/or conic
(constant, linear, S-shaped, variable radius)
• Advanced surface creation tools – blend, bridge and
transition surface creation from external data – through points, from poles, from point clouds
• General-use design and manufacturing sweeps, and flanges – geometric law extension, silhouette
flange, ribbon builder, sectional sweep
• Approximated offsetting of complex areas
• Surface shaping via pole and control point manipulation
• Surface redefinition via boundary, degree and stiffness controls
• Associative, global model deformation – alter surfaces to explore design alternatives
• Modify surfaces to account for effects of springback and metal forming
• Simplify models by combining several surfaces into a single surface
• Extend and enlarge sheet bodies
• Isoparametric trim and divide
• Abstract modeling for finite element analysis using mid-surface
Free form shape design. Enables designers to create conceptual
surfaces for quickly capturing initial design intent, as well as
creating and editing curves directly on surfaces. It has direct
surface modeling capabilities that maintain associative surface
boundary controls ranging from G0 to G3. Styled sweeps
associatively sweep profile curves along multiple guides, and
advanced surface trimming creates cut surfaces independent
of original surfaces.
Advanced surface analysis
Integral to the ability to create or modify curves and surfaces
is the ability to dynamically analyze the effects of user input.
NX Mach Series Industrial Design includes an extensive set of
tools for analyzing and visualizing the shape of resulting
surfaces. Advanced surface analysis functions include a
deviation gauge, section analysis, adjacent edge analysis, draft analysis and grid section analysis all important capabilities for validating surfaces employed in designs.
Dynamic and photorealistic rendering
Provides users with rendering tools to communicate designs
clearly and to create accurate images that can be used
throughout the design and manufacturing processes. Users
can accurately visualize designs to reduce costs and shorten
design cycles, and to specify real-world materials that will be
used when their products are manufactured.